Giving Thanks: A Personal Note from our Founder.
As we move towards the holiday season, I’m incredibly reflective of the past year and all that has been accomplished, both professionally and personally. This time last year, Trusst had just launched our long-anticipated first collection and we began shipping bras to women across the world. We coordinated our first brick and mortar popup and later opened a storefront in Pittsburgh! Last and certainly not least, we are getting ready to release new styles and colors in an expanded size range thanks to your requests.
In the spirit of Giving Thanks this November, I want to provide a few “thank you’s” from Trusst because we are so incredibly grateful for a number of people and events this past year. In no particular order…
- Our support system (AKA our amazing customers): We are so fortunate to have a strong customer base of women who have liked and supported our initial idea from the beginning and now love our products. You provide us with positive feedback, motivation, and a passion to do what we do every single day. Thank you!
- The women behind the scenes: Our ‘lean all women in’ attitude at Trusst doesn’t end with just our team. We’re backed by many other strong females-from suppliers and logistics to advisors and co-female business owners and friends. We couldn’t do what we do and what we love every day without them. At Trusst, we talk a lot about support (both literally with our product and emotionally for each other) and these women provide it in the best ways possible.
- Our daily stop, Artisan: Right down the street from Trusst headquarters! Thank you for providing us with our morning fuel!
- Freedom to design and create against the norm: We recognize that our products are unique and we’re proud of our patent-pending design as well as our innovative use of materials and technology. Through this, we’re thankful that we’re able to give the support our customers need and provide them with the comfort they deserve.
- Girlpower. What a year for female empowerment, right? It has been quite a powerful one for women in this country and there is olny more positivity on the horizon. We feel incredibly fortunate that we live in a time where women have the ability to speak with confidence and to live the life they choose. While growing Trusst, we’ve met amazing people who are promoting body positivity, confidence, and inspiration for women who need (and deserve!) love and inspiration. We’ve also participated in a few exciting events this year, including TCF Style Expo and theCURVYcon which celebrated strong, beautiful and FUN women, and we so are excited to continue participating in more events like this going forward.
On a personal note, I feel especially lucky to share that this year has brought a few additional things to be thankful for and I wanted to share that with the Trusst Community!
I married my best friend on October 22nd surrounded by close friends and family outside on the last beautiful day of the year here in Pittsburgh. As we danced our first dance, my youngest sister performed a song on her violin and we had family from as far away as Japan travel to celebrate with us.
I’m so fortunate to have such wonderful friends and family (let’s not forget a shout out to my two 1-year-old kittens!) who continue to motivate me to work hard to build and grow a company I love.
Stay tuned in for an amazing holiday season with spontaneous events coming your way. Let us know which colors you love to wear and, as always, we’d love to hear from you!